Welcome to #WonderfulWednesday No. 8
Todays utterly divine human beings I developed a bit of a fan girl thing for once upon a time! I found myself studying theology and reading things that they wrote, you know the kinda writing that makes you look up words, underline things, write AMEN and HELL NO in the margins? That kind of writing and practice of youth work resonated deep within me and then a some point that I can't quite put my finger on we became family.
1) They make my heart and my heart hurt
2) They are a unrecognised hero of many
3) They can cope with the unknown
4) They take risks
5) They love people
6) They start the conversations others are afraid of having
7) They call me to be more than I think I can be
8) They listen more than they talk
9) They are always seeking to grow, learn and develop
10) They can see what most can't see
Who is this #WonderfulWednesday human you may ask ...
Richard spends time enjoying and enduring life in the thin spaces between heaven and earth in Chard. He listens to, consults with, educates and inspires hundreds of youth workers here in the UK and across foreign shores. Richard has written a number of books that have messed with my head and my heart including;
Without him I don't think I would be me and I am sure that there are many others for whom this is true too!