Welcome to #WonderfulWednesday No. 13
Todays utterly divine human being and I met about 9 yrs ago I reckon. Its hard to pin point when we 1st actually met but I remember knowing of them for a while before hand. It feels like they have always just been in my life, in that cheeky, annoying, lovable little sibling kinda way!
1) They can grow their own neck scarf (thats a serious beard)
2) They love an adventure
3) They can make the most beautiful things out of leftovers and cast offs
4) They take risks
5) They curate amazing moments for others
6) They have an amazing collection of coats
7) They have great outdoor skills: building fires, climbing trees
8) They are super spiritually gifted
9) They make dirty big beats
10) They make me question everything I think I know
Who is this #WonderfulWednesday human you may ask ...
DJ Steve Leach
Steve rocked up in Bournemouth all fresh faced and student like and then Bournemouth got under his skin and he kinda just stayed for 10yrs.
Steve is one of those annoyingly brilliant creatures that can be awesome at so many things its hard to know how to describe him.
By degree he is an engineer. This means he loves efficiency and that always causes me to chuckle! By craft he drums like the devil would and creates the dirtiest beats with holy lyrics that make me wanna dance my butt off in worship. He is a pretty gifted relational youth worker to, we worked together for a few years at AimCommunity. But now by day job he is one of those Pioneer Ministers in training with the Church of England based in Winchester, we don't hold that against him though!
Steve's gifting is in provocation. He asks the most earth shaking questions and throws out some statements every now and then that make me think, I mean really think. The kinda thinking that makes you question who you are and whether anything matters at all any more.
That Steve Leach, he is alright!