I am a Minister at a Baptist & URC Local Ecumenical Partnership Church & Movement Advocate for Frontier Youth Trust.
A big passion of mine is to build positive healthy bridges between the local LGBTQ community & the local church in order to support people to still have access to a faith community regardless of their sexuality or gender identity. I am a Trustee of Affirm : Baptists Together for LGBT+ Inclusion.
A youth worker at heart, I am a contributor to 4 Views on Ministering to LGBTQ Teenagers published by The Youth Cartel and am often found in a class room of youth work students training and equipping others.
I watch movies, bake cake & paint nails, both of which curate opportunities to connect with those outside of the church walls.
In addition to this, having seen first hand the effects of human trafficking, I am also a trustee for Cross Border Initiatives.
Life is colourful, vibrant and very diverse and it all comes out of these vocational values:
• My family completes me. Without meaningful connection to them I am not the best me I can be.
• Personal growth is vital. I am seeking the ‘fullness of life’ as Jesus promises in John 10:10, learning, being challenged and changed are all essential parts of this.
• I want to change the world. I believe in my gut that I am invited into the ongoing restoration work of Christ in the world and this will be messy and painful but also beautiful and life giving.
• Everyone has the right to thrive. I believe Jesus when he says His kingdom is for the “whosoevers”. I am called to encourage and support people regardless of any differences between myself and others.
• Creativity adds flavour. Life is richer with colour, noise and movement, anyone and everyone can add to the recipe.
PLEASE NOTE THE CONTENTS OF THIS BLOG ARE MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND NOT ENDORSED BY ANY DENOMINATIONAL CONNECTIONS