I'm not comfortable at describing myself, there is a fine balance between telling people who you are and a self indulgent sales pitch so I asked some friends who know me well to comment and they say:
'Real, Raw, Relevant'
'fun, effervescent and dedicated'
'selfless, determined and amazing'
'This is no ordinary Gemma, this is Gemma Dunning!'
Truth is they want paying in cakes for those comments & I am not sure I agree with them! For I am many things to many people and daily this shifts and changes depending on the context. Anyhow, one constant is it all comes out of this:
• My family completes me. Without meaningful connection to them I am not the best me I can be.
• Personal growth is vital. I am seeking the ‘fullness of life’ as Jesus promises in John 10:10, learning, being challenged and changed are all essential parts of this.
• I want to change the world. I believe in my gut that I am invited into the ongoing restoration work of Christ in the world and this will be messy and painful but also beautiful and life giving.
• Everyone has the right to thrive. I believe Jesus when he says His kingdom is for the “whosoevers”. I am called to encourage and support people regardless of any differences between myself and others.
• Creativity adds flavour. Life is richer with colour, noise and movement, anyone and everyone can add to the recipe.
PLEASE NOTE THE CONTENTS OF THIS BLOG ARE MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS